Sunday, January 21, 2018

Championship Sunday writing and football

I'm spending my Sunday working on my two projects.

Face The Day will be a full-length feature film, horror, about a world where humanity no longer rules the night.

"Showdown at Nebula 7" is a short film about space outlaws attempting to bust one of their buddies out of a space station jail. Yes, it's as silly as it sounds. Though my hope is it'll also have some depth to it that'll hit you in the feels. We'll see.

I'll be alternating between the two of these for the foreseeable future. I'll probably get through with the short one first--natch--and then focus my remaining resources on finishing the feature film. At this point I'd say I'm about halfway through the short film, and maybe a third of the way through the feature.

Of course, that's first drafts for both. They'll be rewritten several times.

I'm happy, though, with what I have so far. The words on the page reflect what I'm trying to convey, and I think they both read well. Maybe somebody out there will like at least one of them enough to option it. There are options available for grants, as well, for short films, and I'll be looking into those, too.

We'll see. I'm sort of working at a feverish pitch on both of them right now. Hopefully, I'll get done with them before my enthusiasm wanes.

Football predictions for today:

New England over Jacksonville: 20 - 38
Minnesota over Philadelphia: 35 - 21

So, we'll have a Patriots vs. Vikings Superbowl, and for the first time in its history the game will be played on one of the participants' home field.

Either way, I'm looking forward to the games today, regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment