Thursday, January 18, 2018

This is why I do what I do . . .

For the first time in a long time I'm actually terribly excited about a project.

I mentioned it here previously--Face the Day. It's a horror movie about the end of the world as we know it.

I've done the first act and reread it a few times and I think it's really good. Even if it is only a first draft. I'm looking forward to writing several scenes coming up, and what I've done so far reads well and I think sets the appropriate tone. There's a lot of action and a menacing quality with a mysterious threat that demonstrates how effectively nasty it is. Plus, a sympathetic protagonist and an interesting subplot.

For the first time I think I'm writing a horror movie that's really, truly scary.

Yes, I'm excited about it--so much so I sent what I have to a friend for her to read it over and let me know if I'm just imagining things or if it is as good as I think. I never let people read my first drafts, not even my friends. That shows you how excited I am about it.

I have some unexpected, weather-related time off, so I'm going to use that to bang away on this thing some more. I hope to make a good start on act two, and, at this rate, be at the halfway point by next weekend.

Nothing like making progress on something that matters to lift one's spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment